We have now added the updated Australian Compliant Safety Data Sheet (SDS) section to the webshop for all materials and coatings.
Please take a few minutes to familiarise yourself with this section as in an emergency this information can be crucial.
The SDS’s have several sections:
- Identification of material and supplier.
- Hazard Identification, this is important for understanding the type of risk the material represents. This is also where the symbols or pictograms are. See the summary below.
- First Aid Measures. In the event of an exposure/contact this is where you need to look for treatment.
- Fire Fighting Measures.
- Accidental Release. If a spill occurs
- Handling and storage. Instructions for safe handling and storage.
- Exposure Controls. PPE etc.
- Physical and Chemical Properties. What it looks and smells like (even though you shouldn’t sniff it)
- Stability and Reactivity.
If you need any help understanding the SDS’s please contact me.